Sunday, October 23, 2016

1969 Stamp Albums

Five years ago, I blogged about my Topps 1969 stamp collection here and here. It was on my 1968 blog because at the time, this 1969 blog was run by someone else.

In those posts, I wondered:

"I have 76 of these stamps from various teams, mostly Phillies, Pirates, Cubs, Twins, and Athletics. I wonder why out of 76 stamps, I have none from the Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles, Angels, Cardinals, Expos, Astros, or Reds?" 

and:

"It's weird that I have no stamps from the 2-time NL champion Cardinals, nor the Yankees, Reds, Dodgers, Braves, Red Sox, Orioles, Angels, Astros, Expos, Royals, or Pilots." 

Well, a few months ago I learned why that was. I found 12 of the stamp albums that were issued with the stamps. Apparently for those teams, I had pasted all my stamps into the team albums, so they were not with the glassine envelopes where I kept all my non-album stamps all these years.



Each album has 8 pages (including front and back covers), with 2 stamps per inside page for a total of 10 stamps (page 2 is a Table of Contents page). The back cover has an area containing all 10 autographs.

So, to the 76 stamps already accounted for in previous posts, I have 75 more stamps in these albums, for a total of 151 stamps. I now also know that there are 10 stamps per team, for a total set size of 240.

At some later time, I will scan and post the insides of these albums.

No comments: